Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Re-debut

I check the stats page for this blog nearly as obsessively as I check my email, so I know there are a lot of people reading every day, which is heartening, especially on days like the last couple.  Thank you to all the people who bolster my massive, fragile ego by virtue of simply paying attention to me, but especially to those who comment and email and Facebook message me with feedback. It means more to me than you might suspect.

For the past few years, I've been in a relative state of hiding for which I've had a great many rationalizations and excuses.  Well, I'm done with that now.  I currently have 11 paintings on display at the G Studios, at 13 Humphreys Street in Boston.  They'll be hanging there, along with the work of a lot of other very talented artists, for at least the next week and half, but possibly longer. 

On the evening of Saturday, April 30th, there will be some bands playing and I will be there as a "featured artist" to speak briefly about my work.  So mark your calendars and make your way over on the 30th.  The G Studios is one of the cooler alternative art spaces I've encountered over the years and I'd recommend you check the place out even were I not exhibiting there.  I'll post specifics about times and what bands are playing, etc, as soon as I have them, but in the meantime, tell your friends and carve out some time.  I'd love you see each and every one of you there.

2 comments:

(Desiree/Disarray/D) said...

congratulations! i don't often venture across the river, but i suppose i would do so to support your art :) hopefully we'll be able to make it.

keep writing! even if no one comments. it's cathartic, and you're an excellent writer and only going to improve with regular exercise. but yes, people are reading :)

Jason Randolph Burrell said...

Thank you for the support, Dez. I'd love to see you there. It should be a lot of fun!