Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Blue Girl #1

"Blue Girl #1" Jason Burrell 2011 Acrylic on Canvas 11" x 14"
Jen Catalano came over to sit for another painting this morning.  We'd scheduled a 3 hour sitting but she was kind enough to agree to an extra hour when I realized I needed it. 

I think I'm going to keep painting her. 

Next week I'm working with Daisy Rae, a model driving in from Indiana to work with a few artists across New England over the coming weeks.  Whether that session goes well or not, it's unlikely I'll have the opportunity to work with her again anytime soon.  With Jen and Katie on the other hand, I can develop a familiarity over time and hopefully create stronger work.  They've both been fantastic models and I hope to keep working with each of them. 

Which reminds me.  I need to call Katie and schedule a sitting sometime soon.  I want to do a series of Girls in Blue and I think she'd be great for it. 

In other news, I may have a show coming up.  I'm still having discussions with the people there, but there's an art space which seems to be a recording studio with a gallery in it in Dorchester that's expressed an interest in showing my work.  I'll post more as that develops.  It looks like I'll have to speak in front of people if that comes together and I have to decide if I can handle that or not.

No comments: