Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Writing the damn CV

I've been trying over the past few days to assemble a curriculum vitae to submit along with my portfolio to some art associations and galleries.  To that end I've been poring through my old websites on the wayback machine and trying to piece together what events and I did and when exactly they were. 

I've always had a pretty crappy memory, as anyone who's ever known me can tell you.  Perhaps then it's not so strange that I keep finding myself dumbstruck by how much I've actually done over the years.  From 2001 to 2007, I had about 20 solo shows, participated in nearly a dozen group shows, performed 17 public painting demonstrations, and was once featured in full colour on the front page of the Boston Globe doing one of those demonstrations.  I used to be very much out there and incredibly active, but had forgotten the extent of it. 

For the past few years, I've been working privately, but damn it, I'm back, and this time, I have some clue what I'm doing.
 

No comments: