Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tumultuous Times

Major changes. 

I haven't been posting lately because I haven't been painting lately, with everything going on.  Meghan and I have decided to break up.  I'm not going to speak too much about details here, but obviously, this impacts my life and my art significantly, so it bears chronicling.  

The romantic period in our life together seems to be ending amicably, hopefully leaving open the possibility of a strong friendship.  The day to day things may be strange for a little while though, at least until we've sorted out new living arrangements.

I'm not really certain how to explain this all to Jarvis.  He's known her since he was 7, and has really grown to like her a lot over the past few years.  He's nearly 11 now, and has gotten to know and trust her very well.  I hope this isn't too tough on him. 

And I'm not sure what this means for my painting. In some ways, I think I may feel freer, but I'm also very sad about the breakup and worried about its implications in the utilitarian aspects of my life.

We'll see what happens.
"Panta Rei": everything flows. 

No comments: