Monday, February 28, 2011

Instead of painting today

I probably won't paint today.  I'm feeling a little lousy in general between the residual headaches from the skull fracture, weaning myself off the narcotics, it being after 2pm and not having eaten, being a little depressed because I didn't get to see my son this past weekend, Meghan not being here and it being a crappy, rainy day out today. Besides, I have laundry to do, and other excuses I could make up faster if I weren't feeling like such a lump.

Maybe I should photograph all the unfinished paintings just in this apartment (I have likely a couple hundred in storage) and post those photos to shame myself publicly into finishing them.

I should also clean my studio.  It's entirely disorganized, cluttered up with junk, and in no way laid out in a way conducive to my process.  It seems like this area keeps turning into the de facto dumpster for every odd or end I encounter and think might someday be useful for something.  I've got the blades from fans, the masks from lacrosse helmets, armature wire, Fimo clay, a giant lazy susan filled with squirt bottles and a 14" tall funnel all just within my view sitting here writing this.  How do I organize that kind of stuff? How many drawers can I label "Random Junk" before I can't really call it organization any more?

Hopefully I can call this a "before" shot sooner rather than later.
Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have something worthwhile finished besides laundry.  Even if no more than an organized space.  On the other hand, I've been watching Farscape straight through from Season 1 to the Peacekeeper Wars, and am currently toward the beginning of Season 4.  So maybe I'll just do that instead.  I can't tell you though how much I hope if I can even manage to post here daily it's not a constant stream of reasons why I'm not painting today.

No comments: